The DoctorLogic Blog
5 Types of Content to Employ for Your Medical Practice
Now that you know the five foundational elements of content marketing, including creating value, knowing your audience, promoting properly, honing technical skills and analyzing what’s working (and what’s not), what types of content should you be creating?
Here are a few ideas to get your content creation juices flowing.
Blog series are great for multiple reasons. First of all, they allow you to offer your audience a ton of value by exploring a topic in-depth over a span of time. Second, they’re great for search engines, as you’ll have multiple pages/posts of content on a topic, increasing your authority in said topic in the eyes of search engine spiders (the bots that scan websites in order to properly rank them).
So what types of subjects should you write blog series on?
- Preparing for a specific procedure: What the patient can do physically to prepare, what the procedure itself will entail, what s/he should purchase to have at home after the procedure, what drugs s/he will be taking, etc.
- At-home treatments: Are there DIY, at-home, or natural treatments prospective patients can try in addition to the services you provide?
- Patient testimonials: Interview multiple patients who have had your most popular procedure. Ask them the same questions so prospective patients can get an idea of the different experiences people have had.
Most people are visual learners, which is why infographics are so popular. Consider creating infographics based on statistics relevant to your practice (recovery time based on procedure, number of procedures+which types performed annually), as well as ones that are more instructional (what to expect during your recovery, how family+friends can help, etc.).
Longer-form content should be “gated”, or only accessible when people enter their email address. This way you can move more people into your marketing funnel and move them down the pipeline to becoming actual patients. Ebooks can be extensions of blog series (in which you expand even further upon each individual subject) or more technical explanations of procedures from your practitioners.
Video content is becoming increasingly popular because it’s incredibly effective: Videos are 12 times more likely to be watched than text is to be read, and content is 50 times more likely to make it to the first page of Google results if it includes video.
Leverage video via:
- Doctor and staff introduction videos
- How certain machines are used
- A tour of your practice’s office/facilities
- Patient testimonials
It may seem old school to some, especially given strides in technology like virtual reality and artificial intelligence, but email is still one of the most effective forms of digital marketing.
Utilize your email list by keeping both past and prospective patients in the loop. Highlight recent patient testimonials, popular blog posts, a staff member introduction video, and other content you’ve put hard work into making! This will help keep your practice top of mind, even if your recipients aren’t regularly visiting your website.
That’s it: the 5 types of content needed to boost the brand for your medical practice. Content not only helps improve SEO rankings, it increases leads and gets prospects to convert into customers. Allow DoctorLogic to help you with your content marketing.